[time-nuts] Extron 3 80 video distribution amplifier

Dave Brown tractorb at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 7 00:35:06 EDT 2006

I acquired a similar type of unit (sold as a VGA splitter) recently
for exactly the same purpose-it has three analog channels and a TTL
sync channel.
I have not yet done any tests on this box but it has a claimed b/w of
250 MHz in each of the video channels.
 Interestingly the video amp is actually a 4 channel device (not a
687J, sorry!) and one section is unused with input and output
grounded. So some scope for soldering iron work to get to use that
fourth section.

Each of the video amps drives four outputs via individual series 75
ohm resistors - the inputs are each shunt terminated with 75 ohms but
with no loop/thru options. No gain set options either-the amp
configuration looks similar to a MAX497 etc with fixed x2 gain.
The sync channel uses an LS244 so probably not of much use/interest.
Will report further after testing.

DaveB, NZ