[time-nuts] Looking for good SR620 setup to compare GPS and rubidium

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Thu Sep 7 14:27:38 EDT 2006

Folks,

We have a rubidium oscillator in a laboratory here that is ripe for
calibration against a primary standard. We have installed a Datum 9390
GPS receiver next to it as well as an SR620 counter.

Can any of you recommend a good operating mode to make the SR620 reveal
the rubidium drift rate in a reasonably short time a couple days is OK)
so that we may adjust it to near zero?

We have both 10 MHz and 1PPS available from both sources.

We don't currently have a logging computer connected to the SR620, but
we can do that if needed.