[time-nuts] Ultra low phase noise floor measurement system for RF devices.

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sun Apr 1 09:39:10 EDT 2007

From: "Rob Kimberley" <rk at timing-consultants.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Ultra low phase noise floor measurement system for RF devices.
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 08:32:37 +0100

Rob,

> On the subject of measurement units, although in the UK we are officially
> converted now, we like to keep our vehicle drivers on their toes, by having
> road distances in miles and buying our fuel in litres!
>
> :-)

Now, what does the speed indicator show? Miles per hour or km per hour?
If you have fully converted except for road signs your new cars should display
km per hour. Within a few years all drivers would demand the change of road
signs too. :-)

Maybe time to look at a new car (just to check what the meter says)? ;)

As long as they can down a pint or two before getting out on the road, whats
to worry about?

Notice how clever the wording is in 80/181/EEC, "returnable containers".
It is actually the fact that you return the glas to the pubowner that allows
him to sell you it in pint. Otherwise he would have to sell you a half a liter
of beer. So you better return the glas to get that extra beer!

Cheers,
Magnus - mostly into belgic (metric?) beer