[time-nuts] Droitwich

Roger Glover r.glover at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 5 09:47:10 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neville Michie" <namichie at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement"
<time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:57 PM
Subject: [time-nuts] Droitwich

> Hello all,
> I have a HP 5090A fixed frequency receiver which I believe was made
> to recover
> precision frequency signals from Droitwich radio station.
> I can not find any technical information on this receiver, can anyone
> tell me
> is Droitwich still active as a stable frequency reference, and where
> can I find a manual for the receiver?
> cheers, Neville Michie

Hello Neville and group.

I have one of these and still use it as my frequency standard after my
fettling to get it on 198kHz.
Also have the manual for serials prefixed E538 (c. 1965) and some
scribblings of what I did to use it on the 'new' frequency.
After converting, the jitter is pretty awful but good enough for my
purposes.

If you can't find it elsewhere and would like some of the manual scanned
please let me know.
.
Roj