[time-nuts] GPS question

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Fri Apr 6 14:06:16 EDT 2007

I just found three programs that may be of interest to others.

One is GPS Babel.
http://www.gpsbabel.org/index.html

The second is a virtual serial port driver that converts Garmin data to
NMEA. It is called Spanner and is from Garmin.
http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1627

The third is another virtual serial port driver that has additional
functionallity. It is called GPS Gate. It is not free, but is inexpensive.
http://www.franson.com/

I haven't tried these programs yet, but later tonight will give GPS Babel
and Spanner a try.