[time-nuts] Looking for Wavecrest Visi

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sat Apr 7 07:07:24 EDT 2007

From: bg at lysator.liu.se
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Looking for Wavecrest Visi
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 08:59:28 +0200 (CEST)

> On Sat, April 7, 2007 8:38, SAIDJACK at aol.com said:
>
> > BTW: not sure why these units are not so popular on this list, they have
> > picosecond cable-length measurement which is fantastic to measure Antenna
>
> [...]
>
> On the only "time-nut visit" I have done, the nut was VERY proud of his
> Wavecrest! You do not think the userbase is limited by pricelevel and
> availability?

I'm that nut! :-)

For the price I paid on Ebay (the square root of original price!!!) I am very
pleased. It came in the original box with the last calibration papers
(naturally out of calibration date).

The Wavecrests are wonderful tools, but they address a different problem than
what normal time-nuts usually care about, so they are not a given perfect
counter for long term comparision. It is aimed at jitter. That's what I use it
for. Infact, I find that I use it more at work than at home, but it blows the
competition out of the water at work so... :-)

Cheers,
Magnus