[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB/USB converter help...

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Apr 15 16:18:52 EDT 2007

Just an update -- I have things working more-or-less OK now, after
messing around with line terminations and timing.

However, there *is* a problem, at least on one of my systems.  If you
plug the adapter into the USB port with an active device on the GPIB
side, things go nuts and that yields (at least with the Austron 2100F
receiver I had on the bus) the
every-character-typed-echoes-a-question-mark problem.  If I connect the
USB first, then the GPIB, that problem does not occur.

I haven't yet figured out if a device clear or interface clear command
will correct that.

John