[time-nuts] "Antelope Audio Launches The Isochrone 10M Affordable Atomic Clocking Device"

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Apr 19 10:10:24 EDT 2007

In message <4627762F.40508 at febo.com>, John Ackermann N8UR writes:

>and $30K speaker cables!

The most amazing thing about this, is that the magnetic field in
a coil is proportional to the current through it, not the voltage
across it, yet all loudspeakers and amplifiers are designed to
control the voltage and not the current.

Once you fix that (and it's pretty trivial on any amplifier with
a feedback loop) the cables suddenly doesn't matter and you get
_much_ better definition in the reproduction.

I dit that to my set 20 years ago, and hasn't bothered since :-)