[time-nuts] "Antelope Audio Launches The Isochrone 10MAffordable Atomic Clocking Device"

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Apr 19 10:18:30 EDT 2007

>>http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2007/Antelope-Audio-Isochrone-10M.html
>
> Somebody will buy it, you can sell anything to hifi-nuts.

Reminds me of a high-end audio place many years ago
that advertised their rubidium-based CD mastering system.
Something like "not just 44.1 kHz, but 44.100000000kHz;
imagine how much better it will sound." As we all know this
is completely bogus.

I suspect the 10x to 100x worse short-term jitter of a cheap
rubidium compared to a high-quality low phase noise quartz
would be the ruin of their atomic digital CD system. But the
marketing sounded good!

/tvb