[time-nuts] "Antelope Audio Launches The Isochrone 10MAffordable Atomic Clocking Device"

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Thu Apr 19 17:48:29 EDT 2007

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] "Antelope Audio Launches The Isochrone 10MAffordable Atomic Clocking Device"
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:02:02 +0000

> In message <200704191524.l3JFOpnc022567 at msa3-mx.centurytel.net>, Scott Newell w
> rites:

> >>The most amazing thing about this, is that the magnetic field in
> >>a coil is proportional to the current through it, not the voltage
> >>across it, yet all loudspeakers and amplifiers are designed to
> >>control the voltage and not the current.
> >
> >Does the speaker rely on the output impedance of the amplifier for damping?

Yes, the way things work... :-P

> does it matter if the basic physics is wrong ?

Hi Fi folks doesn't make sense. They never have.

Oh... to make this thread go back on topic... I just came back from Didriks
Stacken lecture on Time and Frequency in a modern society that I tricked him
into holding. You Poul-Henning was explicitly mentioned spontaniously by
audience and by Didrik explicitly. :)

I brought a collection of things (a GPS antenna, a pair of GPS OEM boards, an
OCXO and an Rb-standard) just to make things a little more concrete. :)

I think Didrik got the message in. :) Bjorn, it was a pitty you wheren't able
to be there. :)

Cheers,
Magnus