[time-nuts] How good are mechanical watches

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Fri Apr 20 18:42:33 EDT 2007

From: "Dave Brown" <tractorb at ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] How good are mechanical watches
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:12:32 +1200

You guys reminds me that I need to fix my clock. I don't carry a clock since
it is broken, but I should fix it. It's an old Omega pocket-watch with gold
and ruby mechanics. I used to use it regularly. I got it from my father but
originally it is my grandfathers clock (context: born 1890, my father is born
1921). It is the spring which is broken. I really should have it fixed.
Naturally my father have screwed up the original chain and tossed it, so I have
a replacement chain. Ah well.

Cheers,
Magnus