[time-nuts] HP10544A defective? Looking fro 10811

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Sun Apr 22 10:39:20 EDT 2007

Howard W. Ashcraft wrote:
>> I have been building a GPSDO around an HP10544A that I purchased on
>> eBay.  After some teeth-gnashing, I have concluded that the 10544A is
>> defective.  When attached to a load (it is supposed to be rated into 50
>> ohms) the frequency drops radically, and in fact, the frequency is
>> dependent upon load, never a good thing.  In addition, the output into a
>> high impedance load has strong collateral/noise signals that are
>> confusing downstream circuitry.  You can get a somewhat dirty sine wave
>> if you use a high-pass filter setting on an oscilloscope.  I took a look
>> on an SA and saw a fair amount of energy bouncing around 1.9 Mhz.

I didn't know what a 10544a was so I googled.  Lo and behold!  Our own
leapsecond dude has a schematic.

http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/10544/

---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill