[time-nuts] Brandywine GPS-4 (0010-0040) manual

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun Apr 22 15:30:40 EDT 2007

I see Didier posted a corrected link to his site, were you not able to
connect to mine?

I would not hook up a regular serial cable to a GPS4 as it uses non-standard
things on some of the pins which could cause odd things to happen, for
instance Pin-4 is a hardware reset!

Anyhow, the manual tells you the complete pinout, and also the jumper
settings to set the speed and such for the serial output. Probably just the
serial speed needs to be adjusted.

I suppose there is also a slim chance yours might have RS422 output, if so
the manual describes which resistors are fit on the board for the output
type.

For any GPS-4 owners, which software version is yours running, oscillator
module, and GPS module? Mine firmware is 017 and the engine program is
4850211-001. I could of sworn I saw one running a newer firmware, but
whenever I contact the Brandwine people about it I get no response. I have
the XTAL_1 (Medium Performance). Finally mine has the Furuno GT-77N1B-NF GPS
unit.

Jason