[time-nuts] OT: eBay bidding question

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Thu Apr 26 21:06:13 EDT 2007

At 04:17 PM 4/26/2007, you wrote:

>In a message dated 4/26/2007 05:23:48 Pacific Daylight Time, rexa at sonic.net
>writes:
>
>Can  anyone propose a sequence of bids on dates that explains this list
>of  recorded bids and dates? I guess there must be one but it is  evading
>me.
>

> >    *Bidder*    Bid  Amount    Date of bid
> >   Bidder 6    US $4,000.00  Apr-22-07  05:14:15
> >    Bidder 8    US $4,000.00   Apr-25-07 00:49:30

Ebay processes the new bid, then checks for existing bids, so in this
case bidder 8 bid $4000 and became the high bidder, for just a
moment. Then ebay searches for any bids it has on hand to see if they
are exhausted, or as in this case bidder 6 had a bid in for the same
amount, placed earlier, so he goes to winning bidder.

John