[time-nuts] Rubidium stability

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun Apr 29 10:10:06 EDT 2007

Jerry,

80 Hz is much more than either device should exhibit. There is something
seriously wrong, and if you have a short wave receiver that can receive
WWV at 10 MHz (AM is fine), you should try to listen to the beat
frequency between WWV and either oscillator. That will tell you which is
off.

You may have to use a small piece of wire plugged into the BNC of either
oscillator as an antenna. adjust the length and/or separation with your
receiver to adjust the level so that you hear a beat frequency with WWV.

Alternately, try to borrow a known good counter from someone local. In
either case, an oscilloscope would help check the outputs. When an
oscillator is way off in frequency, the signal may not look right on the
scope.

Didier