[time-nuts] Gentlemen, unlimber your Broadband Connections

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Sun Apr 29 23:12:52 EDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:22:56 -0700, Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net>
wrote:

>Hi John:
>
>Prior to discovering the Bookmark part of Adobe .pdf documents I used a hard
>copy whenever possible.  But after working with good bookmarks, a .pdf is my
>preferred way to read.
>
>As a practical matter there are few places to get .pdf docs with the required
>TOC, LOF and LOT indented bookmarks so I usually make my own.  I have gotten
>Microchip to change from chapter titles that were meaningless to their now fine
>bookmarks.  But so far my attempts to get the Army to change have not
>succeeded.  More at:  http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Mpdf.shtml#Nav

Yeah, "bookmark" is Adobe-ese for what I was referring to as a PDF
index.  Even better would be the ultimate tool for finding stuff in
doc files - the permuted index.  Unfortunately that would mean a LOT
of OCR work.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill