[time-nuts] NTP Time Server Ping Timing Stability

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Aug 5 17:26:07 EDT 2007

Hi:

I'm curious about the stability of Ping timing between high quality NTP
servers.  Is it the case that a histogram will show different times because the
path may be different between the two servers but the spread for any given path
would be quite small because of the quality of the timing?

Or if I was pinged would the wander of the satellite in the link show up or is
my stock PC so crude it swamps the satellite wander?
148.78.32.98 or 148.78.32.97 not sure if those are visible on the net.

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com