[time-nuts] HP 5370B low frequency modulation

John Day johnday at wordsnimages.com
Thu Aug 30 11:44:48 EDT 2007

See:

http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FMAM%2FMAM11_S02%2FS1431927605504483a.pdf&code=7eb044ef7101eff8a8274c4fdfabca59

and

http://www.tkb-4u.com/articles/soldering/sgons/sgons.php

There is also at least one US patent deals with using pure tin
instead of gold for solderability. The problems are also well known
to anyone working with flip-chip bonding where gold bumps have been
used. Both tin and gold have been known to grow crystalline whiskers,
one microscopy journal carried a paper a couple of years ago from
Sandia Lab on the subject. Tin whiskering has been well known for many years.

John