[time-nuts] FPGA protobards (was Re: Of rubidium life andpiggy-bank)

christopher hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sat Dec 1 16:27:07 EST 2007

Ulrich Bangert wrote:
> what you call "nasty" is a standard PGA 21X21 socket produced in
> millions of copies for early Pentium processors. It has a 2.54 mm pitch
> making it ideal to plug the board into a breadboard.

Oh, I see you are supposed to flip it over and put it in a socket.

What I usually do for prototyping that requires low-speed external circuitry
is to spin a board to plug into the expansion connectors on the Digilent
boards.  They also sell blank prototyping boards which can be useful if the
circuit is simple.

-ch