[time-nuts] is there a "best bet" advanced hobbyist buildable GPSDOdesign?

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:50:16 EST 2007

Bruce Griffiths wrote:

> Do you also want a circuit for a sawtooth corrector using one of the
> Maxim/Dallas programmable delay lines?

Yes!  I now feel inspired to go spin a design after studying all of
these messages in this
thread.  My only constraint is that the parts have to pass the "Digikey"
test, i.e. I have to
be able to order small quantities from Digikey, Mouser, or the like.
It's nearly impossible
for a hobbyist like me to get small quantities of more exotic parts.
The big distributors have
gotten better in the last decade about taking small orders, but still
often have minimum qty/piece
requirements that they won't waive.  Even worse are orderable, but
unobtainable parts -- Maxim
seems to have a huge library of such "virtual" chips that have lead
times of 1/2 year or more.

Scott