[time-nuts] SVN37 offline

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:32:59 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 8:55 PM, Jeff Mock <jeff at mock.com> wrote:
> I'm sure you all noticed, SVN37 (PRN07) went offline today.  I tracked
> it yesterday afternoon, but it is gone today:
>
>     http://www.mock.com/test/z3801a/
>
> Looks like it might be gone for good, now we only have 29 GPS satellites
> online...
>     ftp://tycho.usno.navy.mil/pub/gps/gps.txt

There's a chance it'll come back, though it's SVN suggests that maybe
it's getting old and tired. It did go active 14.5 yrs ago... maybe
they just want cut the springs, bolt a wing on the back and add some
racing stripes?

NANU 2007010 - SVN27 offline 1hr
NANU 2007166 - SVN32 offline 45min
NANU 2007123 - SVN41 offline 5hr
NANU 2007115 - SVN32 offline 3hr
NANU 2007111 - SVN40 offline 3.5wk

does any of this correlate with some orbital maneuvering?

CK