[time-nuts] ** SPAM ** Re: Bruce's link

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 13 20:37:26 EST 2007

John Miles wrote:
> Bruce can post all the porn links he wants.  I'm already going to have to
> install a new hard drive to archive all the useful schematics and design
> notes he's been contributing!  Might as well fill up the remaining space
> with SOMETHING.
>
> In case the message isn't clear enough, I really appreciate these pointers,
> especially low-noise supply ideas.  It's surprising how few off-the-shelf
> regulator ICs these days are even as good as the old uA723 from the 1970s.
>
> -- john, KE5FX
>

>> 1. This is an unnecessarily complex design. You can achieve the
>> same performance
>> by cascading the "normal" regular with an integrated low noise
>> regulator. I
>> prefer Linear Technology ICs for this.

Actually you cant, which is the  point.
>> 2. Bruce and others, you should really check your links before
>> posting them. On
>> this page was a link to get the full PDF of the schematic. When
>> you click on
>> that, you get a 404 not found plus you get a popup ad.  Worse
>> still, if you
>> click on the schematic to "enlarge" it, instead of getting the schematic
>> you get a full page PORN ad.

I usually do check the links, the extraneous link to a porn site is
relatively recent "feature" as it wasn't there a few days ago.
I've even seen such transient links appear on the Oscilloquartz site.
For some reason this problem appears to be more prevalent with European
sites, however this may be an indavertent selection effect.

Bruce