[time-nuts] Super Regulator links

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Dec 13 22:11:17 EST 2007

What are some of your favorite low-noise regulators?  When I made the remark
about the uA723, I was specifically thinking of its performance compared to
the LT1762.  With Cref=5 uF, the uA723's output noise voltage is rated at
2.5 uV from 100 Hz to 10 kHz.  The LT1762, which seems to be among Linear's
quietest parts, is rated at 20 uV from 100 Hz to 100 kHz, with external
bypassing that places most of the noise at lower frequencies.  Snake oil or
not, that's 18 dB less noise from the 723.

There are various hacks like Wenzel's that can clean up after a noisy
regulator, but if there are quieter fully-integrated solutions out there I'd
like to hear about them.  Posted back to the list in case there are other
views on the subject...

-- john, KE5FX