[time-nuts] GIMP VS PhotoShop

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Dec 28 08:48:29 EST 2007

I happen to like the way Gimp is laid out, but I can
see how others might not... I am more of a function over
appearance sort of guy.  The Gimp is so much more powerful
than Adobe Photoshop that it compelled me to learn its way of
doing things.  It is a WordPerfect vs Word kind of difference
in my view.

Like most open source software, turning The Gimp into
a clone of Adobe Photoshop is simply a matter of changing
the "skin", a trivially easy thing to do... The whole gimp
user interface is just a little XML code.  Anyone care to
speculate on how easy it would be to make Adobe Photoshop
work and look like the Gimp?  Or to make Microsoft Word work
and look like WordPerfect?  Or for that matter, make Microsoft
Vista look and work like KDE or Gnome?

-Chuck Harris