[time-nuts] FEI-565A part

geraldm at iprimus.com.au geraldm at iprimus.com.au
Mon Feb 5 06:12:20 EST 2007

Hi all,

Have decided to get stuck into fault finding my 5650A again. With no replies
from FEI over the past 2 months, have decided to trace out the PCB the good
old fasioned way, however the only IC on the 1 inch square PCB PCB has me
completely lost.

So to the question, has any one ever come across a device marking of 27M4Bl
or possibly a bad i(I) not an L(l)??

It's a SMD 14 pin Case751, with Gnd on pin 11 and Vcc on pin 4. This device
is on the Rubidium lamp PCB and forms part of the Rb thermal control circuit.

I am leaning towards a quad op amp, but it's possible failure makes it very
difficult to diagnose, it could also be a comparator.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Gerald