[time-nuts] Austron 2010B possibilities?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Feb 11 12:01:56 EST 2007

Yesterday I made a nice haul from a local estate sale and acquired an
Austron 2010B disciplined oscillator, which is currently fired up and
locking (it's a slow process!) to a 2100F LORAN receiver.

I had a thought, though -- would it be a worthwhile exercise to use the
2010B as a cleanup oscillator following my HP 5061A cesium?  Since the
Austron 1150 oscillator module is considered to be pretty good in short
and medium term performance, might the result be improved short term
performance with Cs long term stability?

Of course, now that I said this, I'm actually going to try is, and will
report on the results, but I wonder if anyone has any experience of
doing this, or general thoughts on the subject.

By the way, the 2010B has three loops, presumably phase, frequency, and
aging.  The first loop has selectable time constants of 5, 250, or 5000
seconds; the second loop is 50,000 seconds, and the third loop is
200,000 seconds.

John