[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPSDO

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Tue Feb 13 22:26:45 EST 2007

On Wed, February 14, 2007 2:05, Hal Murray said:

> I haven't looked carefully at the Trimble support in ntp.  A quick poke at
> google shows some discussion about adding Thunderbolt support, but I don't
> see it in the latest source code.
>   http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver29.html
> I'm willing to help with ntp issues.

I have used an Acutime2000 with the Palisade driver, it works fine but
lacks (still?) an official maintainer. Though it has Dr Mills support, so
it has resisted attempts to remove it.

There was an astro-guy from Argentine(?) doing some patches to his
Thunderbolt. There were some issues with firmware versions vs
documentation vs Thunderbolt hw versions. Trimble was not able to help out
and at that point they saw no benefit in supporting the maintainance of
their ntp refclock driver. Maybe someone can make the case for them now.
Sven Dietrich   who was responsible for the driver left Trimble a long
time ago.

--

   Björn