[time-nuts] 5370B on eBay, carrier phase tracking GPS receiver

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Feb 19 05:39:47 EST 2007

Hej Magnus
Magnus Danielson wrote:

>> An interesting product originating from Mitel (Mike and Terry's
>> lawnmowers later became MITEL - according to their local rep about 20
>> odd years ago)
>>

> Hehe... yeah, I know it was in the Mitel days they started this. I even beleive
> that the GPS stuff came in with another buy, but I don't recall the details.
> The Zarlink reference is more relevant for initial attempts to dig up
> datasheets, where as Mitel is usefull for some of the older material.

Fuller version is that the later Mitel founders worked for another
telecoms (Bell??) company when they left, they were restrained from
setting up in the same business area for a couple of years so they setup
a business selling lawnmowers until the restraint period expired. Then
the name of their telecoms startup, (MITEL) was derived from the name of
their interim lawnmower business.

Bruce