[time-nuts] Fine print on HP 5334B

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Feb 22 15:29:35 EST 2007

What do people observe on their 5370A/Bs?  After warmup, I tend to see a
bias of about +0.0005 Hz, or 5E-11, when observing its own 10 MHz source.
There is some occasional random waffling on the order of about +/- 0.001 Hz
but for the most part it reads close to 10.000 000 000 5.

I have never been able to calibrate the interpolators (specifically the
anticoincidence adjustment) in these counters, due to lack of a
vernier-adjustable pulse generator.  When I was going through one last week,
I just left the anticoincidence pot in the middle of its range, and couldn't
see any ill effects from doing so.  The manual is not that great at
describing exactly what this adjustment does.

-- john, KE5FX