[time-nuts] Simple question I am sure

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Jan 1 21:33:16 EST 2007

Hi Jim:

With just 2 standards you don't know which is the best.  Someone has to
make an additional box so there's at least 3 to test.  This way you can
rank them.

A  timing grade GPS receiver is very handy for this sort of thing.  By
measuring the time interval between the GPS 1 PPS output and your local
standard you can see how well your local standard is doing.  A good way
is to make an Allan plot.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com