[time-nuts] Meinberg DCF77 C51 - serial connection?

Rune Magnussen rum at gratismail.dk
Thu Jan 11 12:00:07 EST 2007

I have just got a Meinberg DCF77 C51 radio clock and am trying to get it
to work. I have adjusted the antenna and the clock is synced to the
signal. However there seems to be no signal on the serial line at the
PC. I have tried 'cat /dev/refclock-0' to see if there were data. The
serial cable is from a modem (25/9-pin).

Do I need another cable? If yes - what kind?

There is a pin-layout in the manual but I cannot figure out what cable
to use.

Docs: http://www.meinberg.de/download/docs/manuals/english/c51.pdf

Regards Rune