[time-nuts] Austron 2202

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Mon Jan 15 19:56:00 EST 2007

Well John, I need to think about that one. If you click on the high
bidder, you do get quite a bit more information than with the old
system. Even though the information was available, it would have been
hard to put it together. With this new system, they give it in summary
form, so in that respect, it is an improvement and will help seller
evaluate bidders, and may also help the serious bidder to understand
better what he/she is up against, even though loosing the link to what
another bidder may have bought and what he paid for it is a problem.

I guess maybe eBay felt that putting that much information in summary
form for all to see was a little bit too much (if it had not been
anonymous) and would have made many buyers uneasy.

Do you know if the seller has more information about the bidders than
what is available to other users, under this new system?

So, there is some good and some bad, I am not sure which outweighs the
other at the moment...

Didier KO4BB