[time-nuts] 10811 warmup

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sat Jan 20 21:18:05 EST 2007

> Anyhow... The 10811-60155 that I got from 'her' I tried out first. No 10
> MHz output at all, not from initial power up or after it warmed up...

I probably have been through at least 15-20 10811's and 10544's.   I've seen
this behavior only once.  In this case, it was a busted crystal.   It was
obvious the crystal was busted once I got the oven mass out of the housing
as there was a telltale rattle.  I pried open the crystal out of curiosity
and found two pieces of quartz.

(The diagnostics in the manual are clear and easy to follow.)

-ch