[time-nuts] 10811 Repair - Voltage Check

Jack Hudler jack at hudler.org
Wed Jan 24 12:22:07 EST 2007

If you do solder it, wrap the wire at least 4 turns starting at the bottom, then
clip a pair of forceps or needle nose pliers for a heat sink on the start turn.
Then only solder the end of the wire on the terminal (There's a NASA procedure #
for this method, but that was another space, time and a dab of urethane).

One wonders how it passed the vibration testing without a good mechanical
connection (e.g., see above method).
Did they even test this (other than shock)?

Smarter heads than I worked on it so; I guess the wire length, stiffness and
adjacent padding are sufficient to prevent this.

Jack