[time-nuts] Odd request

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Jan 25 17:22:20 EST 2007

Hi Mark:

There may be some other approaches.
Start from an electric clock that's battery powered and replace all the
driving electronics and just drive the coil directly with  the proper
pulse rate.
Start from an electric clock and replace just the crystal with a 32768
kHz signal.
In the above cases I think you can find clocks with second hands.

I've been thinking that it should be possible us use synchro motors (3
phase drive) to allow smooth movement of the hands and also to have
continuous 360 degree rotation unlike model RC servo motors that don't
have 360 degree rotation.

I'm still working on packaging my Precision Clock, see:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml#PC3

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com