[time-nuts] Accuracy of 10mhz - a simple explanation?

N3IZN at aol.com N3IZN at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 18:11:19 EST 2007

Accuracy of 10mhz - a simple explanation?

So can any one provide a link or want to try and explain to this layman  what
the deal is with the accuracy spec provided by (or should I say claimed by)
the various manufactures and kits out there?

For example my Trimble claims to have accuracy of 1.16 X 10 -12.

I'm guessing that the exponent at the end of the spec, the higher the  better?

Just how high can you get? How high is needed to say lock a amateur
transverter to for 10 or 24 ghz?

How does my Trimble compare to some of the GPS disciplined oscillators out
there?

Thanks