[time-nuts] Administrivia: Trimming Quoted Messages

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jan 28 19:58:07 EST 2007

Hi Folks --

We often have long threads here on time-nuts with multiple layers of
reply and counter-reply.  They make great reading, but particularly when
posters reply at the bottom of the message, it can become hard to scroll
through to find the new material.  We have a thread now where there are
some 200 lines of quoted text before there's any new content.

When you reply to messages, please consider trimming out material that's
not necessary to create context for the reply; very often the earlier
parts are no longer relevant to the matter that's the subject of the
reply.  That will help keep messages shorter and easier to read.

I'll express no opinion about the merits of top vs. bottom vs.
interspersed quoting; that's a topic for a religious war!

Thanks!

John