[time-nuts] Cycle jumps in Z3801A PPS?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Jan 29 20:26:46 EST 2007

Hal Murray said the following on 01/29/2007 08:23 PM:
>> Trigger jitter is an interesting possibility, but remember that I'm
>> triggering off of a 1 PPS not 10MHz, so there's no 100 nanosecond
>> period outside the box -- and the PPS signal is about 20 us wide.
>
> Do you have a digital scope?  Set it up in infinite persistence mode, trigger
> from the PPS out of the good Z3801A and look at the glitchy one.

Good idea.

Per one of the other messages, I've reset the offending unit (in part
because I noticed that the antenna delay I programmed in to make it tick
50us early had disappeared; that might indicate that the thing had gone
through some sort of trauma).  If that didn't cure it, I'll try the
scope idea.

John