[time-nuts] Lucent RFTG-m-XO

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Tue Jan 30 20:14:49 EST 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 11:49:21PM +0000, Phil Staton wrote:

> I have one of these units and after various trial and error seem to
> have lock and working with stable 15MHz output.
> I will look up my notes and post more. (assuming I've got this right)

	Worth noting what model you have - there are three out there in
the recent lots - L106As (around 96-97 with 6 channel receivers), L106Bs
(8 channel UT+, firmware dates as late as 2003), and L109s (around 2000/2002
parts dates and UT+).

	It appears from other postings that the rubidiums (RFTG-M-RB)
are almost all L105As and apparently contain firmware that only is
happy paired to a L106A.   I have not noted any L105B rubidiums offered
and I don't know exactly what the L109 pairs with for a rubidium (L112?).

	As far as I can tell from very casual comparison there seem to
be very few actual parts differences between the three models of XO
and it may be true that one can upgrade the firmware and essentially
have the newer unit - though the fact the older L106As have a different
OCXO may make the firmware incompatible if there are configured in
constants relative to OCXO control/monitoring.

	Of course one could learn more by looking at the firmware image.

--
   Dave Emery N1PRE,  die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in