[time-nuts] HP5370B and GPIB

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 1 12:24:56 EDT 2007

If you are using a HP5370B time interval counter and logging data from
the HPIB bus, can I inquire to what you are using for an interface to
the HPIB bus and what do you log the data with ?

I am basically trying to capture 1 second data from the 5370B using a
Softmark USB/GPIB card - and I am not having any luck at all.

I see some effects of commanding, the display on the 5370 changes or I
get and error message - but I cannot read any sort of data back thru the
HPIB port.

I would appreciate it if one could send an example of what commands I
need to send to set the port up and retreive the data.

Brian N4FMN