[time-nuts] more info on bad lcd readout on austron 2100F

Dan Durgin ddurgin at aloha.net
Tue Jul 3 15:33:47 EDT 2007

I did some more investigating over the weekend on my bad lcd on the 2100F
Austron Loran unit.
 The LCD has 76 (!) pins, and appears to be soldered in place.... 8 digits
with colons and +- signs can just be made out when looked at just the right
angle. Edges of digits all jaggy and broken, as if liquid flowed and gone
bye-bye. Backpanel lighting still operating but barely visible. Anyone have
a manual with a part number? I sure dread desoldering all those pins, but
what else to do?
Daniel Durgin
Ocean View, Hawaii
Checked by AVG Free Edition.