[time-nuts] Wavecrest

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 19:05:57 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/13/2007 14:19:29 Pacific Daylight Time,
mfeher at eozinc.com writes:

>ding  I may look at before it gets here, or, software I may need. Any  help
>will be greatly appreciated. - Thanks - Mike

Hi Mike,

congrats on your Wavecrest. One of the best jitter and time-interval
analyzers out there.

I will send you the 2070 PDF manual offline, its 1/2MB large.

Without Visi software and a GPIB card you can only do a couple of things
with the unit:

   * Measure cable lengths down to ps

   * Print jitter histograms on old paralell port type  printers

   * Measure jitter on periods, time intervalls etc, and get two  numbers:
range and RMS

   * Measure voltages, rise/fall times etc.

To make the unit really useful, you may want to connect it to your PC via
GPIB.

Calibration is straight forward, one screw to adjust the 100MHz timebase,
and a couple of screws for the power supply voltages. Everything else is
automated.

Also, try googling Wave or Wavcrest, their website has lot's of info, but
it's not properly referenced, and very hard to find.

bye,
Said