[time-nuts] 5 MHz from 10 MHz

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Jul 23 08:01:42 EDT 2007

No point using an expensive divider with an 8640B.  The close-in noise is
dominated by the cavity, especially at the bandwidths used by their lock
mechanism, and the broadband floor is ECL at ~-150 dBc/Hz.  Just stick a
74xxx74 in there (what *is* considered to be the lowest-noise modern TTL
family, anyway?)

-- john, KE5FX