[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 16:03:42 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/9/2007 05:20:19 Pacific Daylight Time, didier at cox.net
writes:

>You may want to run it through the cal because there are a lot  of things
>that can go wrong without providing obvious clues on these  counters.

>Didier

Hi John, Didier,

thanks for the feedback!

I got some updates: The RMS jitter goes down to 25 - 30ps if I don't use
"Preset" but rather very carefully adjust the trigger level settings.

There is one position on the trigger pot that is extremely tight (maybe  1/5
of a mm turn adjust on the pot!) where I get readings down to  <30ps.

With that, I can actually use the instrument in 1K average mode on TI and
get readings that are meaningfull in the 10's of ps. Great! A lot better than my
 53132A.

Seems I really do need to cal the unit carefully but I don't have the
calibrator needed. I remember someone mentioning a gentlemen somewhere that
specializes in calibrating this unit, does anyone here have his info? Does  Agilent
still cal the units?

Thanks,
bye,
Said