[time-nuts] My Casio G-Shock watch and other fun stuff

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Jun 21 12:09:07 EDT 2007

Hi Tom:

I've recently been interested in bats and have a heterodyne type ultrasonic
down converter to listen to the local ones.  When tuned near 32 kHz I can hear
the crystal in the IMP2 slave clock driver.

I'm looking into building an ultrasonic microphone based on the transducer that
was used in the Polaroid Sonar cameras.  These have a much broader frequency
response than the electrect condenser microphones used in the bat detector, but
need a clean 200 VDC bias supply.  This setup could just "listen" to the
crystal in a watch.

http://www.prc68.com/I/Bats.shtml <- Bats
http://www.prc68.com/I/SETSC.shtml#IMP2 <- IMP2 slave clock driver
http://www.prc68.com/I/PSOSC.shtml  <- Removing the sensor from a camera