[time-nuts] External clock for Analog to Digital Converter in GPS Rx front-end

Bilal Amin bilal_amin at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:34:54 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am working on Jitter in Analog to Digital Converters(ADCs) for GPS receiver front-end. I am trying to setup an experiment to see the effects of jitter in real time ADCs. I have an ADC evaluation board with external clock input for sampling (i.e Sampling clock). Now I want to produce a self created jittery signal to see the effects of jitter in ADC. Can anyone out there have any idea(s) how I can produce a real time clock signal with "variable jitter" for the input of external clock? Producing a simple clock signal (i.e. without jitter) is straight forward with the help of any signal generator but a clock signal with "variable jitter" is a problem.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Bilal