[time-nuts] FreeBSD with Garmin GPS 18 LVC

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Mar 3 21:04:14 EST 2007

In message: <20070304020009.1ABC9FBB3C at mail7.sea.safepages.com>
            "Keith E. Brandt, M.D." <wd9get at amsat.org> writes:
:
: >Did you setup the link from /devgps1 to /dev/ttyd?
:
: The only link I've set up is in the /etc/devfs.conf:
: link cuaa1 refclock-0
: link cuaa1 pps0
:
: The problem with this is my serial port with the GPS is /dev/cuad0.
: I've also tried plugging that in with no difference.

Between 5.x and 6.x the device names stupidly changed from /dev/cuaaX
to /dev/cuadX.  Are there other places that are looking for
/dev/cuaa1?  What does ls -l /dev show for pps* and ref*?  Does
/dev/cuad0 show up there?

Warner