[time-nuts] Is there a DST Update for older MS Windows machines?

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Mar 7 14:29:16 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:58:35 -0600, "Bill Hawkins" <bill at iaxs.net> wrote:

>Timely friends,
>
>Microsoft does not have support for Windows 98 SE for the DST change.
>
>That is the OS for my machine that talks to the HP Z3801 receivers.
>
>Is there a remedy that does not involve installing XP Home? or Unix?
>
>Bill Hawkins

In a discussion on another forum, someone posted this link:

http://www.intelliadmin.com/Downloads.htm

scroll down to find patches for 2000 or 98/ME. Just run it.

Also this generic tool for making changes to Windows time functions:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/tzedit.exe

-Rex