[time-nuts] Austron 1210D Manual Update

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Mar 9 08:28:39 EST 2007

Rob Kimberley said the following on 03/09/2007 03:25 AM:
> John,
>
> The unit shipped with Austron's 1150 OCXO - a VERY nice oscillator. I also
> believe that they sold a bunch of these units to the US Navy for portable
> references to sync up Subs.

Hi Rob --

I had heard mutterings that the 1150s that went into the 1210s weren't
quite as hand-picked as the ones that went into the 1250A standard, but
this one seems to be doing quite well.  (I just got a 1250A that on a
quick test performs at least as well as this 1210; I'll be doing a
better test after it's had a chance to stabilize for another week or two.)

It does appear that an awful lot of the 1210s went into various military
applications; one of the few references I found on-line was to one of
the PMEL (I think I got that acronym right) chat groups for the Air Force.

John