[time-nuts] Happy Leap Hour Day !

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sun Mar 11 14:57:17 EDT 2007

One of the most important pieces of equipment I own is working ok without a
DST update - my TiVo :-) DirecTV left a phone message just yesterday (very
short notice) to tell me that my TiVo needed a software update, so I should
plug it into the phone line. I can just imagine thousands of people trying
to get that update all day yesterday.

Actually, the TiVo uses UTC for automatic recordings, so unless I manually
schedule a recording, I don't need the update. The time display is off by
one hour. I may just set the time zone East, as you mentioned about clocks.
That solution was recommended on the TiVo forums.

If you're wondering why I didn't get the software update, let's just say
that my unit has been customized and I don't want to mess things up. Since
the TiVo runs Linux, I may just find the updated timezone files and manually
fix things.